Monday, March 29, 2010

Timesaving Tip of the Week:

Closet Overhaul:"I have so many clothes, but I can't ever find anything to wear!" How many of us have said this early in the morning before work or getting ready for a night out with a little one tugging at our leg? Everyone can relate! There is no way we can ever see what we have if we don't purge every once in awhile. (I know this can be very painful for some of us!) Here are some easy steps to get headed in the right direction:
1. Pull all stained, torn, or damaged items and toss or donate. (If they are not too bad)

2. Pull any items that no longer fit. (Donate those that are past their prime. Have a tub on hand to store those that you can't let go of just yet or have high hopes of fitting into again-You go girl! These can be stored in the attic to be revisited every now and then!)

3. You probably now have some breathing room! Organize items in a way that makes sense for you according to your space. The bulk of my hanging room is double layered. I divided it into fall/winter on top and spring/summer on bottom. I have a tall rack to the side for dresses and multi-seasonal cardigans.

4. I turn all of my hangers the same direction. As I wear an item, the hanger gets turned the opposite direction. Once it has been turned, it stays that way the entire season no matter how many times it gets worn. At the end of each season I easily spot items that were not worn, which makes decision-making easier! (See below)

(An up-close view of the hangers!) Please excuse the hodgepodge of hangers- that is a project for another day!:)

Have a great week! Happy organizing!








2 comments:

  1. I just read the hanger trick in a magazine- what a great idea! I'm glad to see it works in real life. I am in the process of unifying my hangers- Home Goods has a great deal on those "velvet" ones right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying for those! Walker caught me watching the infomercial for huggable hangers and rolled his eyes! Thanks for the info.-I will be going to check those out!:)

    ReplyDelete